Friday 25 November 2011

Christmas Cupcakes

I wanted to make something with all the taste of christmas but much lighter than a rich fruit cake. I think these cupcakes did just that. They were light as you would expect from a cupcake but have a huge about of christmas flavour. To get the christmas flavour I made a plain cake batter and added some homemade mincemeat and spices. I topped these cupcakes with creamy cinnamon buttercream.


Homemade mincemeat, ready to be stired in to the cupcake batter.



The cake batter with the added mincemeat, it looked amazing and smelt glorious.


Almost ready to go in the oven. Whilst cooking the house was filled with a lovely christmas smell.


The "naked" cupcakes

Christmas Cupcakes recipe

150g Caster sugar
150g Butter
150g Self raising flour
3 Eggs
2 Tablespoons of mincemeat
1 Teaspoon mixed spice

Pre heat the oven to 170oC.
Cream the butter and sugar together for 5 minuets until very light and fluffy.
Add the eggs one at a time and mix until combined.
Now fold in the flour.
Add the mincemeat and mixed spice, mix until well combined.
Spoon into cupcake cases and bake until golden brown this should take about 20 minuets.
Leave to cool before topping with buttercream.

Cinnamon Buttercream

250g icing sugar, sifted
80g butter
25ml milk
1-2 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix icing sugar and butter with a whisk until well combined.
Add the milk and mix well untill light and fluffy.
Stir in the cinnamon, add as much as you like, I added 2 teaspoons as I love to really taste the cinnamon.
Pipe onto the cupcakes.





2 comments:

  1. There was a lot of excitement at the bakery this morning at the mention of Texas! Many a sprinkle jar was damaged in the commotion! If you are sure you would be happy to take a naughty little monster with you then please do email me!

    You can reach me at buttercreambakerybrighton@live.com

    Send me your details and I will send you a very naughty little monster. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I love the sound of these cupcakes! They sound so yummy and I can almost smell the spices through my computer screen, delicious. x

    ReplyDelete